Lets talk Hormones
Menopause: Common symptoms of the menopause can include:
- hot flushes
- mood swings
- vaginal dryness
- loss of sex drive
- fatigue and brain fog
Endometriosis: is a condition in which tissue similar to the uterine lining grows in areas outside of the uterus. Common symptoms:
- pain in your lower tummy or back (pelvic pain) – usually worse during your period.
- period pain that stops you doing your normal activities.
- pain during or after sex.
- pain when peeing or pooing during your period.
- feeling sick, constipation, diarrhoea, or blood in your pee or poo during your period.
Menstrual cycle: Common monthly symptoms can include:
- feeling bloated.
- breast tenderness.
- mood swings.
- feeling irritable.
- spotty skin.
- low sex drive (loss of libido)
These are symptoms which can have an impact on your daily life but are not always talked about. We want to change this to raise awareness and share advice on what things can help.
Oils to help support hormones:
Tips and Tricks of other ways to use our wellbeing need pure oil sets:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Start with our menopause and hormone support pure essential oil set for inspiration.
- Pillow talk: A few drops of oil on your pillow will help relax and help you drift off to sleep
- Facial OIl: With our blend your own oil set. To help dry, irritated skin and fine lines. Select on the dropdown, Frankincense, Geranium and Lavender. Read more on our facial essential oil guide to help determine your skin type.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Inhalation: Place 3-4 drops on a tissue and breathe deeply for maximum benefits or place in a bowl of hot water and inhale. Some oxide rich oils are irritants to asthmatics, the eucalyptus family, tea-tree and some of the tree oils. Please speak with a clinical aromatherapist if you have asthma or a respiratory condition. Asthmatics must not use the water inhalation method. Our diffuser keyring for inhalation.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops (or more) diluted in a carrier oil or salts (like our bath brew). The BCALM bath brew is filled with rose buds, lavender, orange peel, epsom and pink himalayan salt. Stir the water to disperse the blend and relax in the bath for at least 10 minutes. For children under the age of 12, use 2-3 drops of essential oils. Do not drop neat essential oils neat into a bath of water.
- Topically: Mix 15-30 drops (5-10%) with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck. Can aid healing of bruises if applied twice a day to the area. For a headache place on the neck, temples and hairline to help. Our Roller ball to apply topically.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Aroma diffuser blend directions, based on adding to 100ml of cool water in your diffuser:
- Add two drops Lavender
- Add two drops Peppermint
- Add two drops Geranium
Alternatively use 5 to 8 drops of each essential oil separately depending on your mood. Use Lavender to relax, Peppermint for cooling and become balanced with Geranium.
Read more about our Pure Organic Vegan Essential oils: