This season is to really spend time working on self-care, self love, cleansing and rebalancing. By working on this now, it really prepares us for the darker, colder months ahead.
How many of the below can you tick?
🍂 I'm exhausted, I have no energy
🍂 I feel heavy in body and mind
🍂 I feel overwhelmed, lethargic & groggy
🍂 I feel unhealthy
🍂 I have bad food cravings
🍂 I have aches & pains
By using the moon cycle we can set our body in balance. (start to full moon ritual) An Autumn cleanse renews us in energy, clarity and vitality of mind and body, to manifest and celebrate the new version of ourselves 🌕
Creating new structures to support your ongoing health and wellness goals and structuring your days for self-reflection; focus on rejuvenation, walks in nature and deep rest with daily self care massage with essential oils are key to find this version of ourselves.
What is an Autumnal Cleanse?
- A gentle, restorative and balancing reset for your body, mind and spirit. Releasing our summer time heat, inflammation, reset the gut after all that summertime fun!
- Discover more ease in your days with simple, quick meals and more chill-time
- Enjoy natural local produce and wholefood recipes that nourish and rejuvenate, no processed food or snacking just 3 meals a day. Rhythmic eating (set meal times in your phone calendar to remind you)
- Simplifying food intake allows for lightness, easy digestion and release of toxins.
- Focus on self-care practices that bolster the five senses and support a healthy transition between the seasons
What is a typical cleanse day?
- Up early to appreciate the dawning of a new day
- Release toxins with a tongue scraper and dry body brush, oil your nostrils with sweet almond oil with your choice of essential oil (I enjoy peppermint, Eucalyptus or tea tree for the opening of airways) our pure undiluted organic oils to choose from here, roller ball on the feet or facial oil set
- Taking time to connect with the bigger picture, sitting in silence to set an intentional day
- Morning movement or walk in nature alone and just listening to the beautiful world around you
- Sipping hot water throughout the day (every twenty minutes) having a slice of ginger with lemon juice and salt twenty minutes before a meal.
- Breakfast of a smoothie & chia porridge, stewed apples, porridge oats all with a sprinkle of mixed spice. TIP: I have a jar made up of spices, chia seeds, flax seeds, chopped nuts to sprinkle on ready!
- A filling, whole food lunch. A larger portion at this time of day to give you the energy to get through the day without stimulants. (Example could be a soup with a veggie side or veggie stew and basmati rice) no diary, gluten or meat, cook in ghee to help remove toxins and use spices in your cooking to aid digestion. (zesty spice recipe below) Kitchadi – Deepa Apte recipe.
- A smaller version of the same meal for dinner, to save time on cooking more. And to save waste. Although, if you are up for cooking again, you could make a yummy soup and have it again tomorrow.
- Evening fun time with the family, a walk, play games, read a book, journal, take a bath, anything that feels fun to you
- Screens off by 8pm, wind down with a healing bath (recipe) or reading, a meditation, some self-care with essential oils (Frankincense for grounding) massage with carrier oil and diffusing our night scent. Be in bed by 9pm, winding down ready to sleep before 10pm.
Zetsy spice recipe to add to your meals to aid digestion:
Grind dried herbs to a uniform consistency using aspice grinder of pestle and mortar. Combine with other ingredients together in a bowl and transfer to a small glass shaker jar with an airtight lid.
- 1⁄2 tsp mineral salt
- 1⁄3 tsp dried oregano
- 1⁄3 tsp dried basil
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1⁄2 tsp coriander powder
- 1⁄4 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1 pinch ground black pepperKitchadi is an Ayurvedic dish that makes an excellent foundation for a detox. It consists of rice, yellow split mung beans, various spices and herbs, and can be made quickly and easily. Eating only Kitchadi for 3-5 days or even up to two weeks provides a gentle mono-diet that can help rid your body of toxins, kick start weight loss, and rejuvenate your system. Click here for a delicious easy to make Kitchadi recipe Kitchadi – Deepa Apte
Why not start even by a simple shift in your routine to create pockets of you time?My go to is releasing toxins with a dry body brush (brush towards the heart) and LOVE daily self-care exercise body balance with my diffuser and massage with essential oils.
If you need more support and guidance on the above please reach out to me at email@example.com or on instagram @BCALM_UK I am starting my 10 day reset on the 29th September with the full moon and I am ready to feel rejuvenated!
I am so grateful to Methrive - Sam who introduced me to cleansing twice a year and incredible news after 3 years of doing this cycle I am finally our of a chronic migraine state! Cleansing can help you hit the “reset button” on your habits. It’s not just about losing weight, or cleaning up after a bender, it’s also about connecting more deeply to your innate ability to heal, renew, and replenish. I had hit rock bottom so my first ever cleanse I thought no way but I had to try something what with plant power or essential oils and a nutrition reset I finally feel I am back on track to feeling more like me it has been an incredible journey, I am so much more positive now I understand my body!“Ayurveda is the ancient Indian art and science of longevity. In this time-honoured system, food and daily rhythms are the medicine for a life-long health regimen to support both body and mind.”
— KATE O'DONNELL
Ayurveda, the sister science of yoga, considers the juncture of seasons to be the ideal time for cleansing.
Healthy Wishes Becky x