Let's swap out toxic products and nourish our skin and body health with a good 20 minute bath soak! Did you know our Skin Absorbs 60-70% of everything we put on it! Let's keep our liver functioning healthily by using non toxic natural products. Homemade bath salts are the perfect self-care treat, once made up they last a long time & budget friendly too!
I use westlabsalts £2.80 with our oils. I have a soak mainly at night so love our organic pure oil night set. But if I have a cold add Eucalyptus to help my airways. Blend to your mood or health requirement! Epsom salt dissolves nicely in hot water and releases magnesium, great for migraine sufferers and anyone starting menopause, also when absorbed through the skin, helps relieve muscle tension. Did you know a lot of us have very low magnesium levels which may cause: Headaches. Nighttime leg cramps. Numbness or tingling in the legs or hands. General body weakness.
Directions to blend essential oils with salts:
🌹Find a pretty container
🌹Sprinkle in 3 cups epsom salts (500g) roughly half a bag of westlabsalts & add 20 drops essential oils of your choice to 60ml carrier oil base sweet almond oil, olive oil as examples and pour in.
🌹organic pure oil night set to help you sleep: 8 drops Lavender, 6 drops Frankincense, 6 drops Geranium.
🌹You can also add a few tablespoons of dried flowers to make your homemade bath salts even more beautiful. If you don't like bits floating in your bath though be warned!
🌹 Shake, pop in your bathroom ready to use
🌹 Run the bath sprinkle a 1-3 spoonfuls into the water and soak, relax and reset.
Bella has found her love in wrapping up BCALMs bath brews. Stops the floaty botanical bits! I love to watch her mix the salts and botanicals and carefully measure out and place the BCALM label on made out of rice paper so it dissolves while in the bath. These are available as a free treat with every oil subscription.
Wonderful Scents + Combinations for Homemade Bath Salts:
- Relaxing - 20 drops lavender essential oil
- Uplifting - 10 drops lavender essential oil + 5 drops frankincense essential oil + 5 drops sweet orange essential oil (day uplift oil set)
- Clear mind calm - 10 drops lavender essential oil + 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Clear grounding - 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil + 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- Balance - 20 drops Geranium essential oil
- Calm Balance - 10 drops Geranium essential oil + 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil improves circulation. It helps to cool the skin, to soothe inflammation, irritation and itchiness on skin.
- Geranium essential oil helps our patience and serenity and brings balance with our hormones. Is natural anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory oil, it actively boosts skin's health and natural glow. By helping skin stay conditioned, and soothing irritated or breakout prone skin, it fights against skin affected by harsh weather conditions or prone to acne.
- Lemon essential oil’s earthy, citrus aroma has soothing, antibacterial and cleansing properties. Helps to restore the skin's natural balance and reduce excess sebum. Furthermore, Lemon Oil has beneficial effects on skin that suffers from breakouts as it helps to purify and cleanse the epidermis.
- Eucalyptus essential oil reduces inflammation and helps breathing. Can help cleanse the epidermis, ridding the pores of harmful impurities that can contribute to breakouts, pigmentation and dull skin
- Tea Tree essential oil is a natural choice for anti-allergy and building immunity, keeping skin, hair and nails healthy. It may help treat certain skin conditions, including acne, itching, and oily skin.
- Lavender essential oil has pain relief and calming properties. It reduces irritation and relaxes breathing. Did you know Vitamin A is lavenders super power? Which helps boost skin collagen. It gently moisturises skin, and is non-comedogenic for pores. Lavender oil is naturally antibacterial, meaning that it kills acne-causing bacteria that might infiltrate your pores. This makes the purple flower perfect for preventing, calming, and healing painful acne breakouts.
- Frankincense essential oil is helpful for focus and aiding in relaxation and calmness. With powerful anti-inflammatory properties, Frankincense Essential Oil is an effective natural remedy to calm the complexion. For irritated or damaged skin, Frankincense Oil restores the epidermis and calms affected areas. For sunburn, rosacea or breakouts, this healing element soothes and nourishes the skin. Can reduce fine lines and scar tissue as well as soothe blemishes and calm inflammation, with an earthy, woodsy aroma.
- Orange essential oil’s best used for a vitamin c boost, to calm anxiety and help regulate emotions with its uplifting effects. Helps promote clarity, fights inflammation and acne, and keeps our skin fresh.
What Essential Oils Blend well?
Lavender Essential Oil: Blends well with frankincense, orange, peppermint, geranium, tea tree and lemon
Frankincense Essential Oil: Blends well with lavender, orange, geranium
Sweet Orange Essential Oil: Blends well with lavender, frankincense, geranium
Peppermint Essential Oil: blends well with lavender, lemon, and eucalyptus.
Lemon Essential Oil: Blends well with peppermint, lavender, geranium and eucalyptus.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil: Blends well with peppermint, lavender and lemon
Tea Tree Essential Oil: Blends well with peppermint, lavender, and geranium
- Geranium Essential Oil: Blends well with lavender, and frankincense, lemon and tea tree.
All our oils blend perfectly you can't go wrong! If you are unsure when you are blending your magic, hold the bottles up to your nose together and see if the blend of inhaling together works!
Tip: You can also apply one or more of the above oils to a carrier oil for a self care massage or foot rub nourishing your skin further before popping yourself into your bath. My skin is so soft with this extra step too! You may need to use bicarbonate of soda to clean your tub of any oil residue with this method.
Did you know each of our 5ml bottles container over 80 drops!
How can I use my left over Oils?
Tips & Tricks:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Start with our signature day or night scent for inspiration.
- Pillow talk: A few drops of oil on your pillow will help relax and help you drift off to sleep
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Inhalation: Place 3-4 drops on a tissue and breathe deeply for maximum benefits or place in a bowl of hot water and inhale. Some oxide rich oils are irritants to asthmatics, the eucalyptus family, tea-tree and some of the tree oils. Please speak with a clinical aromatherapist if you have asthma or a respiratory condition. Asthmatics must not use the water inhalation method. Our diffuser keyring for inhalation.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Topically: Mix 15-30 drops (5-10%) with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck. Can aid healing of bruises if applied twice a day to the area. For a headache place on the neck, temples and hairline to help. Our Roller ball to apply topically.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
soak, relax and reset
Sending Healthy Wishes