We only believe in undiluted 100% organic vegan essential oils and carrier oils for not only a delicious aroma but added health benefits:
- Lavender essential oil has pain relief and calming properties that are safe and effective when dealing with a headache. It reduces irritation and relaxes breathing. Did you know Vitamin A is lavenders super power? Which helps boost collagen.
- Frankincense essential oil is helpful for focus and aiding in relaxation and calmness.
- Peppermint essential oil improves circulation, relax muscles, and soothe the gut. It also helps to cool the body.
- Orange essential oil’s best used for a vitamin c boost, to calm anxiety and help regulate emotions with its uplifting effects.
- Geranium essential oil helps our patience and serenity and brings balance with our hormones.
- Lemon essential oil’s earthy, citrus aroma has soothing, antibacterial and cleansing properties.
- Eucalyptus essential oil reduces inflammation and helps breathing.
- Tea Tree essential oil is a natural choice for anti-allergy and building immunity, keeping skin, hair and nails healthy.
- Sweet almond carrier oil is useful for dry, itchy skin and for cooling skin.
How can I use my Oils?
Tips & Tricks:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Start with our signature day or night scent for inspiration.
- Pillow talk: A few drops of oil on your pillow will help relax and help you drift off to sleep
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Inhalation: Place 3-4 drops on a tissue and breathe deeply for maximum benefits or place in a bowl of hot water and inhale. Some oxide rich oils are irritants to asthmatics, the eucalyptus family, tea-tree and some of the tree oils. Please speak with a clinical aromatherapist if you have asthma or a respiratory condition. Asthmatics must not use the water inhalation method. Our diffuser keyring for inhalation.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops (or more) diluted in a carrier oil or salts (like our bath brew). The BCALM bath brew is filled with rose buds, lavender, orange peel, epsom and pink himalayan salt. Stir the water to disperse the blend and relax in the bath for at least 10 minutes. For children under the age of 12, use 2-3 drops of essential oils. Do not drop neat essential oils neat into a bath of water.
- Topically: Mix 15-30 drops (5-10%) with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck. Can aid healing of bruises if applied twice a day to the area. For a headache place on the neck, temples and hairline to help. Our Roller ball to apply topically.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
- Vacuum Cleaners – 4-6 drops on a cotton wool ball/pad in the vacuum bag
- Steam irons – 1-2 drops in the water inlet
- Room Spray – 20 drops in 500ml spray bottle, shake and spray towards the ceiling
- Disinfectant – 200ml water into a spray bottle, 10 drops of tea-tree and 5 drops of lemon oil, shake to blend
There are some family members and our pets that may need oils to be more diluted.
Babies and young children, pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, the frail and the elderly. Topical applications need to be at much lower dilutions, as low a 1% (1 drop in 10ml of carrier oil) and not all essential oils are recommended.
Please see our faq here and if you unsure always take advise from a clinical aromatherapist for best practise.
Sending Healthy Wishes and happy oiling!
Richie, Becky, Bella and Betsy x
Reference details: Health Line