Our Organic Pure Sweet Orange Essential Oil from Brazil is a strengthening, refreshing and stimulating essential oil. It is uplifting for the emotions and helpful in maintaining a healthy circulatory system and encouraging healthy digestion.
Organic Pure Sweet Orange Essential Oil is extracted from the rind of the sweet orange, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis. This is done by a method called cold pressing, which uses pressure to squeeze the oils from the rind. Sometimes, the leaves and flowers from the orange plant can be used as well.
Organic Pure Sweet Orange Essential Oil has a variety of uses. These can include applications to:
- lift your mood or reduce stress
- treat skin conditions such as acne
- reduce pain or inflammation
- relieve stomach upset
- use as a natural household cleaner
- add a pleasant scent to a room or to products like perfumes and cleaners
Can help with:
- Mouth Ulcers
- Nervous tension
- Skin care - dull oily congested
- Tiredness - mental/physical
Although orange essential oil has many uses and here is some reported evidence to back up its uses:
Anxiety and depression
Additionally, in a
Anticancer and antioxidant activity
Limonene, a component of orange essential oil, has been investigated as a potential cancer treatment. A
Botanical Name: Sweet Orange, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis
Aroma: A zesty and refreshing aroma
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed
BLENDING NOTE: Top
want to know about notes?
MAIN BENEFIT: Its vitality properties
USEFULNESS: A must see above list!
PERFUME GROUP: Citrus
There are so many ways to use Organic Pure Sweet Orange Essential Oil as part of your routine. Tips & Tricks on how to use:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Try our uplifting support signature day set
- Pillow talk: A few drops on your pillow to help ground you for a good nights sleep.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need to find balance. Our diffuser keyring is great on the go!
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops in a dispersant such as oil or salt, to the bath to create a delicious floral scented atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Topically: Mix a 15 drops with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) in our rollerball and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours great to help your skin glow! Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil: Blends well with lavender, frankincense, geranium
Safety: It is phototoxic, therefore avoid exposing skin to sunlight 12 hours after use.
There are some family members and our pets that may need oils to be more diluted.
Babies and young children, pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, the frail and the elderly. Topical applications need to be at much lower dilutions, as low a 1% (1 drop in 10ml of carrier oil) and not all essential oils are recommended. This oil can be used safely.
Please see our faq here and if you unsure always take advise from a clinical aromatherapist for best practise.
Sending healthy wishes 💚
Let us know if you have any other tips and tricks? We would love to hear from you.