The King of oils!
Grounding and rejuvenating for the mind and body. Native to Africa, the Boswellia Tree, gives birth to the resin that creates our sacred Frankincense Pure Essential Oil, Boswellia carterii. Our oil that has a spicy and woody aroma is harvested and distilled in Somalia to give it its calming and sedative benefits. Calms the breath and nervous system, perfect for yoga practise in our diffuser. Skin care: tones and revives damaged mature skin.
Frankincense oil benefits
Frankincense Pure Essential Oil has soothing and cleansing properties, as well as many more qualities. As a result, there are lots of advantages to using it, including these handpicked benefits:
8 benefits of frankincenseMay help reduce feelings of stress
- When inhaled, frankincense oil has been shown to possess anti-anxiety properties.
- It is thought that a component called Boswellia resin has calming effects when burnt. Which is why you are may feel sense of calm when you burn an incense stick.
Reduces feelings of anxiety
- Thanks to its comforting properties it can help calm a busy mind, reducing the feelings of anxiety.
Improve concentration and mood
- Much in the same way as it works for stress and anxiety, frankincense can diminish the feelings of stress helping to improve your mood and your concentration.
Can kill harmful germs and bacteria
- Frankincense acts as an antiseptic and disinfectant agent that has been known to display antimicrobial effects. It may even be used in place of chemical household cleaners.
May help your immune system
- Research carried out at the Mansoura University in Egypt found that frankincense oil can prevent germs and bacteria from forming on your skin, in your mouth or even in your home.
May prevent signs of ageing
- According to studies, frankincense may reduce redness and skin sensitivity.
- In the same study, frankincense benefits include the ability to strengthen skin and improve its tone, elasticity, defense mechanisms against blemishes, and appearance as someone ages. It may help tone and lift skin.
May improve memory
- Research suggests that frankincense oil can be used to help improve memory.
May improve relaxation
- With the relaxation properties that frankincense possesses, it may be that it can also give you a more restful night’s sleep.
- Due to its help with feelings of anxiety and stress, as pointed out above, it is likely that the use of frankincense before bedtime may help you
Also the following:
- Breath Steadying
- Nose bleeds
- Skin Scars - really helped heal Richies skin cancer scars
- Stretch marks
- Security comfort
- Skin care mature damaged
Botanical Name: Frankincense, Boswellia Serrata
Aroma: A spicy, woody aroma
Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
BLENDING NOTE: Base
want to know about notes?
MAIN BENEFIT: Its grounding properties
USEFULNESS: A must see list above!
PERFUME GROUP: Lemony, rich balsamic
There are so many ways to use Frankincense Pure Essential Oil as part of your routine. Tips & Tricks on how to use:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Try our grounding signature night set or uplifting support signature day set
- Pillow talk: A few drops on your pillow to help ground you for a good nights sleep.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need to find balance. Our diffuser keyring is great on the go!
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops in a dispersant such as oil or salt, to the bath to create a delicious floral scented atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Topically: Mix a 15 drops with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) in our rollerball and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours great to help your skin glow! Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Frankincense Essential Oil: Blends well with lavender, orange, geranium
Let us know if you have any other tips and tricks? We would love to hear from you.
There are some family members and our pets that may need oils to be more diluted.
Babies and young children, pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, the frail and the elderly. Topical applications need to be at much lower dilutions, as low a 1% (1 drop in 10ml of carrier oil) and not all essential oils are recommended. This oil can be used safely.
Please see our faq here and if you unsure always take advise from a clinical aromatherapist for best practise.
Sending healthy wishes 💚
Click here for source reference