Geranium essential oil is balancing for the mind and body. It relaxes, restores and maintains stability of the emotions. Our Geranium Bourbon, Pelargonium Graveolens is sourced and distilled from Madagascar and has a sweet, floral aroma. It’s thought to have antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and astringent properties.
Geranium oil may be beneficial for the following conditions:
- Acne, dermatitis, and inflammatory skin conditions
- Anti-inflammatory qualities may make it beneficial for leg and foot swelling caused by edema.
- Nasal vestibulitis is an uncomfortable condition associated with cancer drug treatment. Geranium essential oil may ease nasal symptoms caused by this condition, such as bleeding, scabbing, pain, dryness, and sores.
- Geranium essential oil has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, making it effective against infections.
- Benefits for people with neurodegenerative diseases that include neuroinflammation.
- Menopause and perimenopause by stimulating secretion of salivary estrogen. Menopause signature set includes this as well as peppermint and lavender also great essential support for symptoms.
- Stress, anxiety, and depression
- Shingles pain when applied topically helps sooth
- Reduce itching caused by allergic reactions. This is because of the anti-inflammatory action of this essential oil.
- It’s antibacterial and antiseptic properties are also beneficial for healing.
Also the following:
- Emotional Upset
- Head Lice
- Hormone balance
- Hot flushes
- Mood swings
- Pain Relief
- Skin care a must! - oily, aging, sensitive, rashes, irritated, inflames, rejuvenating
- Vein health
Botanical Name: Geranium Bourbon, Pelargonium Graveolens
Aroma: A sweet, floral aroma
Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
BLENDING NOTE: Middle
want to know about notes?
MAIN BENEFIT: Its balancing properties
USEFULNESS: A must see list above!
PERFUME GROUP: Floral
We love our Geranium essential oil it has helped me balance my hormones and great for anti-aging! That's why it is in a few of our oil sets as a must have! Menopause Support and signature night set Pure Organic Essential Oil sets. Details of my Menopause journey and support on the blog here. I hope this information and tools can help support you too. Healthy Wishes Becky x
There are so many ways to use Geranium essential oil as part of your routine. Tips & Tricks on how to use:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Try our signature night set or hormone support Menopause Support
- Pillow talk: A few drops on your pillow to help balance your hormones.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need to find balance. Our diffuser keyring is great on the go!
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops of Geranium in a dispersant such as oil or salt, to the bath to create a delicious floral scented atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Topically: Mix a 15 drops with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) in our rollerball and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours great to help your skin glow! Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Geranium Essential Oil: Blends well with lavender, orange, frankincense, lemon and tea tree.
Let us know if you have any other tips and tricks? We would love to hear from you.
There are some family members and our pets that may need oils to be more diluted.
Babies and young children, pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, the frail and the elderly. Topical applications need to be at much lower dilutions, as low a 1% (1 drop in 10ml of carrier oil) and not all essential oils are recommended. This oil can be used safely.
Please see our faq here and if you unsure always take advise from a clinical aromatherapist for best practise.
Sending healthy wishes 💚
Click here for source reference