Immunity boost with natural pure organic essentials oils that can help support your mind and body with seasonal changes or allergies. Lets help give your health a little boost with energy and balance!
Which essential oils can help with our Immunity?
Pure Organic Lemon Qualities, Essential Oil: Good for uplifting, detoxifying, cleansing, purifying, deodorising, energising, anti-inflammatory for the respiratory system, improves immunity and is also antibacterial.
Pure Organic Eucalyptus Qualities Essential Oil: Great for nasal congestion, respiratory ailments, breathing discomfort, insect repellent, energy, reduces inflammation and helps breathing.
Pure Organic Tea Tree Qualities Essential Oil: Great to help maintain a healthy and balanced immune system. A natural choice for anti-allergy and building immunity
Pure Organic Peppermint Qualities Essential Oil: Diffuse for improved concentration, focus, alertness, respiratory support, refreshing aroma, mental fatigue, seasonal allergies, helps open up the nose and also relieves headaches resulting from stuffed sinuses.
Pure Organic Lavender Oil Qualities Essential Oil: Can reduce irritation and relax breathing
Our Immunity boost pure essential oil set includes the following vegan essential oils: Peppermint, Metha Piperita Oil, India, Citrus Lemon Peel Oil, Italy and Tea Tree, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil, Australia.
Aroma diffuser (select peppermint, tea tree and lemon) blend directions, based on adding to 100ml of cool water in your diffuser:
Add two drops Peppermint
Add two drops Lemon
Add two drops Tea Tree
Alternatively use 5 to 8 drops of each essential oil separately depending on your mood. Use Peppermint to focus, Lemon for energising and become balanced with Tea Tree.
Our immunity boost favourites in more depth
Lemon - lemon has been used throughout history to protect against immune threats. It Promotes health, healing and energy, and has strong antibacterial properties. Lemon oil works primarily with the digestive, immune, and respiratory systems, promoting healthy function in the body. Aromatically, it's invigorating and is also one of the most popular essential oils.
Peppermint - Peppermint oil contains many powerful properties that can help bolster and fortify a person’s immune system, such as antibacterial properties.
These are beneficial to those with a weak immune system or are just getting over an illness. Peppermint oil also contains carvacrol, menthol, and camphor, which helps protect you from such nasty viruses as E. coli, salmonella, and even staph infections.
Peppermint essential oil is an excellent oil to start using at the onset of a cold or flu especially when you start getting a scratchy sore throat. Peppermint essential oil is also an amazing oil for stomach and abdominal upset. You can also use peppermint essential oil for controlling fevers.
Tea Tree - Tea tree oil is very important in the health of the immune system, as it acts as an immuno-stimulant and increases the body's ability to fight off any infections, while it also is used to revive the mind and body after shock.
Tea Tree essential oil has a warm, fresh and spicy aroma. A wonderful antiseptic essential oil which can help maintain a healthy and balanced immune system. Deeply cleansing and antibacterial and is useful in inhalations to clear the head and in body skincare blends for problem skin.
How to use the essential oils
There are so many ways to integrate these essential oils into your daily life to help boost your health, here are some ideas:
Why not make a spray that you use throughout the day? Particularly useful before bed to help clear congestion, or to spray on your pillow to help clear sinuses whilst you sleep. To 100ml of water add up to 30 drops of essential oils from the list above. Choose the oils that you like the smell of, as those are the ones your body will need the most! You can blend them all so get creative! Peppermint especially is cooling, so it’s perfect for spraying onto the skin when it is a humid night!
Try our immunity boost signature scent, lemon, tea tree and peppermint in your diffuser, as well as soothing symptoms, it makes the room smell beautiful! Lemon’s great for concentration too, so it’s ideal for when you are working.
If you’re really congested, try a steam inhalation over a bowl of boiling water with up to 10 drops of your chosen oil. Place a towel over your head as you inhale for a few minutes at a time, remembering to close your eyes. Better still, try having a bath with your chosen oils. Ensure that all of the doors and windows are closed and enjoy your inhalation whilst having a relaxing soak.
Cool compresses can be extremely soothing for sore, red, itchy eyes! Soak a couple of cotton pads in water, pop in the fridge for a few minutes and place over the eyes for 10-15 minutes. Alternatively the classic cucumber slice works wonders!
Tips and Tricks of other ways to use our wellbeing need oil sets:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Start with our signature day or night scent for inspiration.
- Pillow talk: A few drops of oil on your pillow will help relax and help you drift off to sleep
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Inhalation: Place 3-4 drops on a tissue and breathe deeply for maximum benefits or place in a bowl of hot water and inhale. Some oxide rich oils are irritants to asthmatics, the eucalyptus family, tea-tree and some of the tree oils. Please speak with a clinical aromatherapist if you have asthma or a respiratory condition. Asthmatics must not use the water inhalation method. Our diffuser keyring for inhalation.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops (or more) diluted in a carrier oil or salts (like our bath brew). The BCALM bath brew is filled with rose buds, lavender, orange peel, epsom and pink himalayan salt. Stir the water to disperse the blend and relax in the bath for at least 10 minutes. For children under the age of 12, use 2-3 drops of essential oils. Do not drop neat essential oils neat into a bath of water.
- Topically: Mix 15-30 drops (5-10%) with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck. Can aid healing of bruises if applied twice a day to the area. For a headache place on the neck, temples and hairline to help. Our Roller ball to apply topically.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
- Disinfectant – 200ml water into a spray bottle, 10 drops of tea-tree and 5 drops of lemon oil, shake to blend
Want to know more about essential oils and helping colds read here!