Our Organic Peppermint essential oil has cooling, invigorating, clearing, refreshing and antiseptic properties. It is refreshing to the nasal passages when used as an inhalant. Peppermint essential oil is mildly antiseptic and helps purify the skin. It is useful in maintaining healthy digestion.
Our Organic Peppermint essential oil is also a very effective appetite suppressant, controlling cravings for sugar and other foods, and so helps curb overeating. A clinical study showed that inhaling peppermint oil every 2 hours is highly effective in reducing appetite and decreasing food cravings.
It has a fresh, bright and minty aroma. It originates from India and is extracted by steam distillation from the flowering herbs.
Our Organic Peppermint essential oil contains menthol. Menthol induces a cooling sensation, is also known to help ease headaches and muscular aches and pains.
Emotionally, Peppermint Essential Oil is stimulating and is a good choice for inclusion in blends intended to help enhance alertness and stamina.
Peppermint Essential Oil Benefits and Uses
- Burping - excessive
- Hot Flushes
- Leg Cramps
- IBS - cramps
- Itchy Skin
- Pain Relief
- Study - exams
- Tooth care, ache
- Travel Sickness
Botanical Name: Peppermint, Metha Piperita Oil
Aroma: A refreshing aroma
Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
BLENDING NOTE: Base
MAIN BENEFIT: Its cooling properties
USEFULNESS: A must see list above! Also an Spider repellent! Tip pop a few drops in water and spray near windows and door frames to keep them out!
PERFUME GROUP: Spicy
We love our Organic Peppermint essential oil it has helped me to recover from migraine with Aura and is helping me currently with being perimenopausal - cooling those hot flushes and great to help my anxiety too! That's why it is in a few of our oil sets as a must have! Menopause Support and Migraine and Anxiety support Pure Organic Essential Oil sets as well as to help boost our immunity . Details Menopause journey and support on the blog here and my migraine journey here. I hope this information and tools can help support you too. Healthy Wishes Becky x
There are so many ways to use Peppermint essential oil as part of your routine. Tips & Tricks on how to use:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! A few drops of Lemon, Peppermint, and tea tree is an amazing blend to help boost our immunity or Lemon, Peppermint and Lavender to help ease head tension or hormone support with our Menopause Support
- Pillow talk: No drops in the evening unless you're going out out! Peppermint is a stimulant, keep to the morning!
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick energy boost. our diffuser keyring is a great option
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops of Peppermint in a dispersant such as oil, to the bath to create a refreshing cooling atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Topically: Mix 15 drops with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) In our rollerball and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Peppermint Essential Oil: blends well with lavender, lemon, and eucalyptus.
Let us know if you have any other tips and tricks? We would love to hear from you.
There are some family members and our pets that may need oils to be more diluted.
Babies and young children, pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, the frail and the elderly. Topical applications need to be at much lower dilutions, as low a 1% (1 drop in 10ml of carrier oil) and not all essential oils are recommended. This oil can be used safely.
Please see our faq here and if you unsure always take advise from a clinical aromatherapist for best practise.
Sending healthy wishes 💚
Safety: not suitable for children under 3 years old. Safe use in pregnancy and breastfeeding. FAQ support
Source: Julia Lawless, The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Updated Edition) (London: Harper Thorsons, 2014), 139-140.