Essential Oil Guide
What Are Essential Oils?
Within the seeds, stems, bark, roots, wood, needles, flowers and fruit of wonderful plants, essential oils can be found, extracted and used aromatically and topically. If you would like a deeper dive into this aromatherapy please read our blog.
Steps to blend Essential oils for your diffuser:
Determine You Mood: Determine what effect you want from your custom blend. Do you want to relax? Do you need some uplifting or energising? Are you studying and need to focus? Is it close to bedtime? Do you want to promote a peaceful home? What type of environment are you looking to create...calming, uplifting, motivating, relaxing, stimulating?
Select Your Oils: Select the type of oils that fit your mood and blend them together.
Make You Custom Blend: The amount of each oil you choose to add will influence the aroma and even the effect of the diffuser blend. You will want between 5-8 drops total of essential oils for each 100 ml of water. Once you determine how many drops of oil you want, start mixing essential oils using a drop by drop until you reach a scent that you like. Be sure to write down your recipe blend so you can make it again if you desire.
Enjoy! Place your custom oil blend into diffuser with required water. Once you turn on and experience your blend, determine if the aroma and environment you created matches your initial goal. Make adjustments as needed to oils and drop amount for next time.
Single Essential Oils to help determine your mood
Pure Organic Lavender Qualities Essential Oil: The scent is calming, relaxing, good for sleep, anxiety, sadness, restlessness, reducing stress
Pure Organic Frankincense Qualities Essential Oil: Use during meditation, yoga, good for balancing, lifting spirits, improving focus, anxiety, spiritual awareness
Pure Organic Sweet Orange Qualities Essential Oil: Cheerful scent to improve mood, calm anxiety, digestion, uplifting, natural detoxifier
Pure Organic Peppermint Qualities Essential Oil: Diffuse for improved concentration, focus, alertness, respiratory support, refreshing aroma, mental fatigue, seasonal allergies, headaches
Pure Organic Lemon Qualities, Essential Oil: Good for uplifting, detoxifying, cleansing, purifying, deodorising, energising
Pure Organic Eucalyptus Qualities Essential Oil: Great for nasal congestion, respiratory ailments, breathing discomfort, insect repellent, energy
Pure Organic Tea Tree Qualities Essential Oil: Great to help maintain a healthy and balanced immune system.
Pure Organic Geranium Qualities essential oil helps our patience and serenity and brings balance with our hormones.
What blends Well?
- Lavender Essential Oil: Blends well with frankincense, orange, peppermint, geranium, tea tree, eucalyptus and lemon
- Frankincense Essential Oil: Blends well with lavender, orange, geranium
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil: Blends well with lavender, frankincense, geranium
- Peppermint Essential Oil: blends well with lavender, lemon, geranium and eucalyptus.
- Lemon Essential Oil: Blends well with peppermint, lavender, geranium and eucalyptus.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil: Blends well with peppermint, lavender and lemon
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: Blends well with peppermint, lavender, and geranium
- Geranium Essential Oil: Blends well with lavender, and frankincense, lemon, orange, peppermint and tea tree.
Want to know more about diffusing our diffusion guide will help!
There are so many ways to use BCALM organic pure essential oils as part of your routine. Tips & Tricks on how to use:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Try our grounding signature night set or uplifting support signature day set or other oil support sets
- Pillow talk: A few drops on your pillow to help ground you for a good nights sleep.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need to find balance. Our diffuser keyring is great on the go!
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops in a dispersant such as oil or salt, to the bath to create a delicious floral scented atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Topically: Mix a 15 drops with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) in our rollerball and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours great to help your skin glow! Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Download your FREE Essential Oil guide with blending notes pages for you to have a play and come up with the magic of your own blend. Happy Blending
To obtain a copy of our Organic Certificate and a list of all products that we can supply under or Organic Trading Schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pure plant power is powerful, if any concerns please read our safety guide
1 drop essential oil to 2 tsp of carrier oil - Infants (6-24 months)
3 drops essential oils to 2 tsp of carrier oil - Elderly, Facial application
6 drops essential oils to 2 tsp of carrier oil - Maximum daily recommended dilution
15 drops essential oils to 2 tsp of carrier oil - Short term use
10% off when you sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and much more…