Our lavender begins its journey in the rolling fields of radiant purple flowers that dominate the landscape in Provence, France. Our Lavender thrives in the Mediterranean climate for a quality oil unrivalled elsewhere in the world.
The benefits of lavender extend from therapeutic to cosmetic purposes, making it an extremely versatile essential oil due to its high antioxidant, antimicrobial, calming and sedative properties. Not only calming it is good for sleep, relaxing, anxiety, sadness, restlessness, supports brain function, reducing stress, can help aches and pains as well as headaches. Did you know Vitamin A is lavenders super power? While relaxing its properties help our skin stay moisturised, assists in the production of collagen and helps heal breakouts. The list is endless!
BLENDING NOTE: Middle to top
MAIN BENEFIT: Its healing properties
USEFULNESS: A must!
PERFUME GROUP: Herbaceous-floral
There are so many ways to use Lavender essential oil as part of your routine. It's safe, soothing and incredibly versatile. Tips & Tricks on how to use:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Start with our signature day or night scent for inspiration. Lavender blends well with frankincense, orange, peppermint, geranium, tea tree and lemon.
- Pillow talk: A few drops of Lavender on your pillow will help relax and help you drift off to sleep
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops of Lavender in a dispersant such as oil, to the bath to create a relaxing atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Topically: Mix 1 drop with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck. Can aid healing of bruises if applied twice a day to the area. For a headache place on the neck, temples and hairline to help.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Lavender has been determined to be both safe and effective for use with children over age 5: as well as peppermint and orange. Betsy loves it! and this is the oil we tried first. She loved the smell, and we found it effective in calming her anxiety when returning back to school.
Let us know if you have any other tips and tricks? We would love to hear from you.
Healthy Wishes x