Our Pure Organic lavender Essential Oil begins its journey in the rolling fields of radiant purple flowers that dominate the landscape in Provence, France. Our Lavender thrives in the Mediterranean climate for a quality oil unrivalled elsewhere in the world.
The benefits of Pure Organic lavender Essential Oil extend from therapeutic to cosmetic purposes, making it an extremely versatile essential oil due to its high antioxidant, antimicrobial, calming and sedative properties. Not only calming it is good for sleep, relaxing, anxiety, sadness, restlessness, supports brain function, reducing stress, can help aches and pains as well as headaches. Did you know Vitamin A is lavenders super power? While relaxing its properties help our skin stay moisturised, assists in the production of collagen and helps heal breakouts. The list is endless!
This oil is MUST at home and out with on your travels! When in doubt use Lavender!
Can help with:
- Cough, dry
- Joint, aches, pain
- Acid reflux
- Acne, acne scars
- Nerves and
- Pain relief
- Athlete's foot
- PMT / PMS
- Hot flushes
- Restless leg syndrome
- Chicken pox
- Insect bites
- Insect repellent
- Skin damage
- Skin care, oily, itchy, sensitive, inflamed, irritated.
- Stage fright
- Stretch marks
- Whooping cough
Aroma: A sweet, balsamic aroma
Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
BLENDING NOTE: Middle to top
want to know about notes?
MAIN BENEFIT: Its healing properties
USEFULNESS: A must!
PERFUME GROUP: Herbaceous-floral
There are so many ways to use Pure Organic lavender Essential Oil as part of your routine. It's safe, soothing and incredibly versatile. Tips & Tricks on how to use:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Try our calming signature night set or uplifting support signature day set or hormone support Menopause Support
- Pillow talk: A few drops on your pillow to help ground you for a good nights sleep.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need to find balance. Our diffuser keyring is great on the go!
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops in a dispersant such as oil or salt, to the bath to create a delicious floral scented atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Topically: Mix a 15 drops with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) in our rollerball and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours great to help your skin glow! Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Lavender Essential Oil: Blends well with frankincense, orange, peppermint, geranium, tea tree and lemon
Lavender has been determined to be both safe and effective for use with children over age 5: as well as peppermint and orange. Betsy loves it! and this is the oil we tried first. She loved the smell, and we found it effective in calming her anxiety when returning back to school.
Let us know if you have any other tips and tricks? We would love to hear from you.
There are some family members and our pets that may need oils to be more diluted.
Babies and young children, pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, the frail and the elderly. Topical applications need to be at much lower dilutions, as low a 1% (1 drop in 10ml of carrier oil) and not all essential oils are recommended. This oil can be used safely.
Please see our faq here and if you unsure always take advise from a clinical aromatherapist for best practise.
Sending healthy wishes 💚