“Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!’” — Robin Williams
Spring is a time for all of us to feel renewed and ready to "spring" into action and feel energised, with everything blooming around us. Also with longer days and warmer weather, it brings more light at the end of the tunnel to renew your health goals and refresh your home.
Diffusing essential oils is a great way to bring freshness and springtime aromas.
Below are some of our favourite spring time scents, have fun blending!
Geranium Essential Oil, Pelargonium graveolens
With flowers blooming all around, geranium is a perfect scent for spring. It helps are patience and serenity and brings balance during menopause.
Lavender Essential Oil, Lavandula angustifoliaIt is called the “mothering oil” for its ability to nuture, bring comfort and calming qualities.
Lemon Essential Oil, Citrus limon
The thought of lemons brings spring cleaning to mind! It refreshes and uplifts helping us take a leap of faith in decisions and helps reduce the feeling of fatigue.
Sweet Orange, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis
It also refreshes and uplifts and helps reduce the feeling of nervous tension. It can also support the immune system and is such a bright aroma it helps clear the mind.
Tea Tree Essential Oil, Melaleuca alternifolia
The earthy aroma of tea tree oil brings a powerful punch to germs and the most powerful disinfectant. Amazing for the respiratory system to cleanse as well as even cleansing toxic emotions that disrupt the well-being of the body
Diffuse any of the spring essential oils listed above for a wonderful and refreshing spring scent or why not experiment with mixing a few! Healthy Wishes
How can I use my Oils?
Tips & Tricks:
- Diffuser: Add 5-8 drops to 100ml cool water in your diffuser. Or use with other BCALM organic pure essential oils, to blend some magic depending on your mood! Start with our signature day or night scent for inspiration.
- Pillow talk: A few drops of oil on your pillow will help relax and help you drift off to sleep
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Inhalation: Place 3-4 drops on a tissue and breathe deeply for maximum benefits or place in a bowl of hot water and inhale. Some oxide rich oils are irritants to asthmatics, the eucalyptus family, tea-tree and some of the tree oils. Please speak with a clinical aromatherapist if you have asthma or a respiratory condition. Asthmatics must not use the water inhalation method. Our diffuser keyring for inhalation.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add 2-3 drops (or more) diluted in a carrier oil or salts (like our bath brew). The BCALM bath brew is filled with rose buds, lavender, orange peel, epsom and pink himalayan salt. Stir the water to disperse the blend and relax in the bath for at least 10 minutes. For children under the age of 12, use 2-3 drops of essential oils. Do not drop neat essential oils neat into a bath of water.
- Topically: Mix 15-30 drops (5-10%) with 5ml carrier oil (sweet almond recommended) and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck. Can aid healing of bruises if applied twice a day to the area. For a headache place on the neck, temples and hairline to help. Our Roller ball to apply topically.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply cloth to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
- Vacuum Cleaners – 4-6 drops on a cotton wool ball/pad in the vacuum bag
- Steam irons – 1-2 drops in the water inlet
- Room Spray – 20 drops in 500ml spray bottle, shake and spray towards the ceiling
- Disinfectant – 200ml water into a spray bottle, 10 drops of tea-tree and 5 drops of lemon oil, shake to blend
There are some family members and our pets that may need oils to be more diluted.
Babies and young children, pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, the frail and the elderly. Topical applications need to be at much lower dilutions, as low a 1% (1 drop in 10ml of carrier oil) and not all essential oils are recommended.
Please see our faq here and if you unsure always take advise from a clinical aromatherapist for best practise.